Last updated: March 1, 2019
This CommunityBridge Acceptable Use Policy (the “AUP”) is incorporated into, and made a part of, the CommunityBridge Platform Use Agreement at https://communitybridge.org/platform-use-agreement, as updated from time to time. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the meaning set forth in the CommunityBridge Platform Use Agreement.
You are responsible for any and all of Your Content that you submit, upload, post or otherwise make available on or through the Platform. For the avoidance of doubt, this Acceptable Use Policy does not govern contributions made to Projects’ source code repositories.
By transmitting, uploading or otherwise providing any of Your Content to the Platform, you are promising TLF that:
- You own all rights in Your Content (including, without limitation, all rights to the reproduction and display of Your Content) or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in Your Content to enable you to grant to us the rights in Your Content as described in the Agreement;
- Your Content does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- Any information contained in Your Content is not known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Your Content does not violate any law (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- Your Content is not, and may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- Your Content does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other potentially damaging programs or files; and
- Your Content does not contain or constitute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
By submitting any of Your Content to the Platform, you agree that Your Content is considered both non-confidential and non-proprietary and you represent and warrant that:
- You agree that any of Your Content is considered both non-confidential and non-proprietary;
- You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of Your Content;
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have in Your Content; and
- Your Content does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than your own).
Unauthorized use of the Platform or the Services may result in violation of various United States and international laws and regulations. The following are examples of the kind of Content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited on the Platform. However, this list is not exhaustive:
- Use of the Platform or the Services in a manner that violates any local, state, national, foreign, or international statute, regulation, rule, order, treaty, or other law;
- Use of the Platform or the Services in any way that could conflict with TLF’s non-profit, 501(c)(6) status;
- Use of the Platform or the Services to stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- Use of the Platform or the Services to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Use of the Platform or the Services to interfere with or disrupt the Platform or the servers or networks connected to the Platform;
- Use of the Platform or the Services to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods in connection with the Platform; or
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Platform or the Services or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Platform, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means.